Friday, August 2, 2013

{STYLED SHOOT} Green Garden Shoot in St. Augustine

I am so excited to share this styled shoot I helped out with for a few reasons. For one, it was with 3 ladies I have been wanting to work with for awhile now (plus several other amazing ladies that I got to meet and collaborate with!) And secondly, it was my first time ever going to St. Augustine, Florida and the little day trip with Adrienna was a blast!!! Plus the drive down there is absolutely gorgeous driving along the coast. I'm sad we didn't get to make it down to the beach because it looked so divine, but I guess that just gives me an excuse to go back... maybe next time with the fiance?? Anyway, this shoot was a long time coming. I talked to Andi Mans probably over a year ago about possibly collaborating on a styled shoot. And I've known Amber Veatch for a little over a year and a half and have always wanted to collaborate with her too. So... when Adrienna McDermott approached me about doing a styled shoot featuring her handmade bridal accessories I thought to myself... let's confuse the crap out of everyone and bring 3 people with names starting with "A" together for an inspiration shoot. 

And so the green garden shoot at The Sanchez House in St. Augustine, Florida was born filled with gorgeous florals by Shea Hopely, vintage chairs from Beachview Event Rentals, a tablescape designed by Amber Veatch using Dishie Rentals, floral inspired invitations by Chirp Paperie, and a paper floral garland inspired by BHLDN crafted by me... no surprise for all you who know how much I love to hang stuff. Making this was probably the most fun thing I have ever had in the house as far as Tigger is concerned. No really... I taped each individual strand onto our media station in our living room before tying it onto the wooden plank and trust me when I say he absolutely loved it. Silly cat always thinking my arts and crafts projects are for him. Amanda Hopcraft did our model's hair and makeup and our faux bride (who actually is getting married herself sometime soon) was rocking a dress and veil from Simply Bridal. The gorgeous collar necklace, fabric floral halo, champagne sash, and fuzzy vest were handmade by the talented SCAD student, Adrienna McDermott. Which brings me to my favorite part of this shoot. Every once in awhile I get these great ideas that everyone else thinks are completely ridiculous but for some reason people go along with me regardless. So when I came up with the fabulous idea of having our model put on the fuzzy vest and Adrienna approved, we got Andi to quickly capture the model rocking it! She was such a trooper because I know she had to already be hot as crap and that vest is not meant to be worn in 115 degree heat not including the humidity. 

Now to all the delicious treats!!!! The cake, large cupcakes, and shortbread lavender cookies were provided by Sweet n Flour and oh my goodness gracious were they oh-so-delicious. All of the treats Marisa made were gluten free and this probably also comes as no surprise but I think I ate every last one of those shortbread lavender cookies oh and of course I tried all of the cupcake flavors and the cake. Before the shoot we were a little nervous about that cake surviving the shoot but I must say I have to give Marisa major props for decorating a cake that is heat-proof and melt-proof. The pretty green macarons, mini cupcakes and pies and those mini shooters were by Small Bites. The shooters were my absolute favorite... I think I had 3. Maybe 4. Oops. You're probably thinking now no wonder Nicole loves styled shoots... she gets to eat pounds and pounds of sweet treats for free. Well, I'm not going to lie, it is very true. I have such a sweet tooth. I blame it on my dad who used to eat a large bowl of ice cream every night while I was growing up. Anyway, hope you enjoy the stunning photography by Andi Mans


Thank you to all the amazing ladies and vendors that helped out with this shoot! Ya'll were amazing!!!

{Vendors} Photography: Andi Mans // Tablescape Design/Styling: Amber Veatch Designs // Coordination + Backdrop: Simply Savannah Events // Venue: The Sanchez House // Flowers: Shea Hopely // Dress and Veil: Simply Bridal // Other Bridal Accessories: Adrienna McDermott // Hair and Makeup: Amanda Hopcraft // Dishes, Silverware, and Goblets: Dishie Rentals // Chair Rentals: Beachview Event Rentals // Cake, Large Cupcakes and Shortbread Cookies: Sweet n Flour // Macarons, Mini Cupcakes, and Shooters: Small Bites // Invitations: Chirp Paperie

1 comment:

Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...